Moving to or from France with Glasswells
Moving to or from France
Bonjour! Comment allez-vous? Parlez-vous francais?
Glasswells European removals operate regular road services throughout Europe offering a door to door service and we are the specialists in providing a first class and cost effective removals package.
We regularly travel to all major towns and cities, including removals to Paris, Lyon, Nice, Dijon, Grenoble, Lille, Bordeaux, Nice, Rennes, Montpellier, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Tours, Orleans, Perpignan, Metz, Rodez, Saint Omer, Le Havre and many more French destinations.
It will come as no surprise that French is the most used language in France, however if you confuse your ‘mange tout’ and your ‘merci beaucoup’ then English is widely spoken too.
More than 2 million people live in Paris, home of the must see tourist attractions of the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe.
France is very well known for its amazing food and drink, including delicious cheeses, wines and of course boeuf bourguignon!
France enjoys mild temperatures throughout the year, not too hot and not too cold, with a plentiful mix of rainfall and sunshine, so in terms of the weather it seems France enjoys the best of both worlds.
Did you know?
- The most visited attraction in Paris isn’t the Eiffel Tower (5.5 million), or the Louvre (5 million), but Disneyland Paris at 13 million people.
- It’s illegal to name a pig Napoleon in France.
- The French have one of the highest life expectancies in the EU.
- France is the most visited country in the world with 75 million tourists yearly.
- The croissant was actually invented in Austria. Bon voyage!