Moving home? Glasswells has delivered a trusted Ipswich removals & domestic storage service since 1946.
Over the years, our consistent approach has gained us an enviable reputation for providing an honest, friendly and dependable house removals service. So much so, we’ve even been recognised by the BAR (British Association of Removers).
We have a team of 25 highly experienced staff and a modern fleet of vehicles that will ensure your move is as stress-free as possible. So whether you’re moving locally to the Ipswich area, or looking further afield, Glasswells will get you there.
ⓘ How can we help?
Since 1946, we’ve helped thousands of people move to-and-from Ipswich. Find out how we can help you.
Why Choose Glasswells For Your Next Move
A professional Ipswich removals & storage service at honest prices. We believe in delivering a first-class customer experience at outstanding value.
Glasswells currently employs a team of 25 professional staff. Our team adheres to a regular training program, so you can be assured that your move will be as hassle-free as possible.
70+ Years of Experience
Glasswells have been helping people move home since 1946 and since then have built up a name which stands for service and quality. Our heritage and experience means Glasswells is a name you can trust.
Glasswells have been a member of BAR (British Association of Removers) since 1955 and we are reviewed on an annual basis to ensure we deliver outstanding service.
5 Star Reviews
Glasswells asks for feedback from our customers after every move and have had thousands of 5 star reviews over the years. Being a family run business, customer service and overall satisfaction is extremely important to us.
ⓘ Did you know?
The name ‘Ipswich’ is mostly likely derived from the medieval name Gippeswic. Wic is an old word meaning port and Gip meant corner (in this case corner of the river Orwell).
What’s the best thing about living in Ipswich?
Described as ‘East Anglia’s Waterfront Town’, it has recently been ranked as among one of the best up-and-coming places to live in Britain.
- Enviable coastal location – “Ipswich is located on the estuary of the River Orwell and is located near two areas of outstanding natural beauty. There are also a number of rural and coastal retreats on its doorstep.”
- One of England’s oldest towns – “Ipswich’s history is ever-present throughout its architecture and has a number of Grade-1 listed buildings in the Buttermarket area that date from the 15th century.”
- Extensive redevelopment – “Millions of pounds has been spent revamping Ipswich town centre, with a new spectacular water feature at the Cornhill. The waterfront has also benefitted from redevelopment and is now a thriving residential and commercial centre.”
- Great transport links – “It’s only an hour’s train journey to the heart of London and with up to 60 trains a day, it’s well connected to the capital. It’s also got great links to Norwich, Colchester, Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge.”
We would like to say that the removals team we had were excellent. They couldn’t have done more to make sure everything went smoothly. We will definitely be recommending your services. Thanks again”
Amber Firman, Ipswich
Handy Links for Moving Home in Ipswich
If you have any questions or would just like to get in touch, please don’t hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Citizens Advice Ipswich – http://www.citizensadviceipswich.org.uk/
- Ipswich Borough Council – https://www.ipswich.gov.uk/content/moving-home
- The Guardian’s Guide to Moving to Ipswich – https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/jun/15/lets-move-to-ipswich-suffolk-david-brent-steve-jobs
- The Post Office Moving Home Checklist – https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mortgages/moving-home-checklist
- All About Ipswich, a guide to what’s happening in Ipswich – https://allaboutipswich.com/